My Books

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thoughtful Thursday -


I remember as a child asking my patient parents over and over for something when I didn't get the answer I wanted. When I asked yet again, they would say, "What did I tell you?" I'd parrot back the answer they'd already given me. "Then that's the answer. You don't need to ask again."

As adults we often do the same thing. We keep knocking on doors that won't open. We get frustrated, even angry, that they stay closed. But maybe we're knocking on the wrong door.

Try another door. Then another, until one opens. Not all doors are meant for us. And when we find the door that does open, it may look different than we thought it should. But if it opens, find the courage to walk through it. God awaits on the other side.

Are you continuing to knock on a door that isn't yours? Ask God to lead you to the one that is. Trust Him to open the right one for you.

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7 (NASB).

Linda

1 comment: