My Books

Monday, January 4, 2016

Taking Down the Christmas Decorations

The holidays are all done and now comes the work of taking down the decorations. Ugh. That's my least favorite part of Christmas.

We already disposed of the worst Christmas tree we've ever had. You can read about it here if you missed it. I was in a little more of a hurry than usual to get that tree down and out to the curb for the garbage man to come collect it last Wednesday. Hallelujah, it's gone. And as you may recall, we only decorated it with lights and an angel on top, so the un-decorating was a breeze. That was my favorite thing about that tree.

But all around my house are still the lovely decorations I blogged about and took pictures of on the Christian Children's Authors blog. That will take a bit more work. So much, in fact, that I find myself procrastinating. I've decided to leave them up at least through tomorrow. After all, my writer's critique group, Tuesday's Children, is meeting at my house and I want it to look nice. (Translation: I don't dare take down the fake evergreen garland around my banister or there will be needles everywhere and I don't want to vacuum.)
So, it's still a bit Christmas-y around here. Just for the record, I stopped wearing my Christmas earrings on December 26. See? I'm not that bad of a procrastinator.

At what stage are you in the un-decorating of your house? Or did you never get around to it to begin with? No judgment here! Let me hear from you in the comments.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment