My Books

Friday, January 15, 2016

Ready for Flip-Flop Weather

I live in Arizona. I have absolutely nothing to complain about when it comes to the weather this time of year. It was in the low sixties today, but the low last night was in the thirties. To my thinned out Arizona blood, that's cold. And even the low sixties is border-line chilly.

Sunset at Usery Park in Mesa, Arizona
Though the sun is shining today, we've had more cold weather and rain than usual over the past year. I love when the blistering summer comes to an end and cool temps take over. I adore snuggling in my sweaters and blue jeans. But enough is enough. I'm ready for cool winter weather to take a hike and warm spring air to move in.

I can't wait to pull out my flip-flops. I want baseball to begin. I can almost smell imaginary orange blossoms wafting through the air. I long to get into a sweltering hot car after it's been sitting in a parking lot. I want the days to last longer and the nights to get shorter. I want to turn on my ceiling fan because the house feels a little too warm instead of adding another layer because I'm too cold. I look forward to regular pedicures because my toes need to look pretty in sandals. I love being able to walk out the door into warm weather without having to put on a sweater.

Those are just a few of my favorite things about living in a warm climate. I'm a true desert rat, having lived in Arizona for 46 years. I can think of no other place I'd rather live. Sure, the summers are hot, but I'll take that any day over the cold winters of snowy climates. As we like to say around here, at least we don't have to shovel the sunshine.

Where do you live? What is your favorite season? What do you love about that season? Sound off in the comments below.

Linda




3 comments:

  1. I hear you, sister! When we first moved to Arizona, I laughed at the people who wore ski jackets when the weather hit 50 degrees. Now I am one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First comment didn't go through. I agree with you, Linda. I hate the cold and anything under 70 is cold to me. And I agree with you on a second point. I tell people I love the Super Bowl. And no, it's not because I'm a football fall. It's because then I know football is over and it's time for BASEBALL. Batter up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pitchers report one month from today, Donna. It's getting closer! :)

      Delete