My Books

Friday, August 14, 2015

Super-Tired of Super-Hero Movies

I don't know about you, but I'm super-tired of super-hero movies. I mean, really, how many more can there be? To me, they already seem like the same story line with different characters plugged in. Come on, Super-writers! Come up with a new idea, for crying out loud! I feel the wrath of the nerds already breathing down my not-so-super-neck.


I enjoyed the first few Super-movies like Captain America, Superman, The Fantastic Four, Spider-man. But now, over ten years later, the movies keep coming, sequel after sequel. It's not that they're bad movies. They're just becoming Super-cliche. No originality. Same song, second verse. And actually, I'm starting to question the intellect of those who still enjoy them. There. It's out. My Super-judgmental thoughts out there for all to criticize.

Where do you stand? If you're one who still can't wait for the next installment of your favorite Super-hero, can you please explain to me the fascination? And if you're as exhausted of these movies as I am, let me hear from you, too, so I'll know I'm not the only one.

Super-thanks!

Linda

3 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes...best blog post ever! Not only is it the same story every single time, it is all ripped off a comic book so there is zero originality to it from the start. And these are, for the most part, REMAKES because someone already made the movie, at least once. So over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These movies aren't art. They exist only to increase revenue for the franchises.

    ReplyDelete