My Books

Friday, August 7, 2015

How Much Daddy Loves Me

My granddaughter just had her fifth birthday. I'd been texting my daughter that morning since they live out-of-state. Here's what she had to say about the birthday girl.
"She was the first kid up this morning and has greeted everyone by asking if they have a present for her. Thankfully, she isn't disappointed, just excited! She may be disappointed though when she realizes I have been very serious every time she has told me she is so excited about her daddy getting her a pony for her birthday, and I have told her otherwise. She always gives me a look like, uh, you don't even know how much he loves me."

At first I laughed. The absurdity of it all! Then as I thought about it, I saw the glorious sweetness, that a child should feel so loved that she doesn't question even seemingly impossible requests. 

Isn't that the perfect picture of what our relationship with God should be? What would it be like to be that trusting child believing fully that my doting Daddy is going to come through for me? I guess that's why Jesus said in Matthew 18:3, "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Let’s live like children today. Believing beyond all doubt, confident in His mighty love.


Linda


2 comments:

  1. I am dying to know how she took not getting a pony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd tell you if I knew. I'll have to find out and get back to you. ;)

      Delete