My Books

Friday, April 8, 2016

Share Your World - 2016 Week 7

1. What are you a “natural” at doing?
I'm a natural at talking to children, which I've noticed not everyone is good at. I can usually make a child feel at ease and before you know it, we're friends.
Me reading to three of the grandkids.

2. Would you prefer a one floor house or multiple levels?
I love multi-level homes. I live in one now and love the separation of spaces it provides when we have people over. Kids can play in one place while the grown-ups play in another. Perfect. However, as I'm getting older, I can see the value in a single story house and will most likely move to one in the future. The stairs aren't as fun as they used to be.

3.  What was your favorite subject in school?
I loved reading. Trips to the school library were pure heaven. English was also a favorite. Anything having to do with words fascinated me, including spelling, vocabulary, and writing. I didn't even mind sentence diagramming and such. I'm a weirdo.

4.  Complete this sentence: If only the rain…would come a little more often in Arizona. But then again, maybe that's why I love it so much. But I wouldn't mind a monthly rain. Or maybe every two months. The last day with recorded rainfall in the Phoenix metro area was .18" on 1/31/2016. As I write this on April 6, that makes 66 days without rain. There's a slight chance for some precipitation at the end of this week, but I'm not holding my breath. But truly, I'm a desert rat and I love sun more than rain. The infrequency of the rain here is what makes it so special when it does come.
My back yard when it rains too much in Arizona.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the coming week? Because we all need to be reminded that there are many things in our lives to be grateful about.
I'm grateful that my brother-in-law, Torrey, is visiting from Minnesota. He came on business, but we get the blessing of having him in our home for a day or two. I'm looking forward to a birthday celebration of a dear friend and shirt-tail relative on Saturday at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Happy birthday, Kara!

Have a great weekend! Thank you for reading!
Linda    
P.S. It rained last night. Apparently I should have posted about our lack of rain sooner! 


No comments:

Post a Comment