My Books

Friday, April 22, 2016

Share Your World - 2016 Week 9

Have you done something you truly want to do today?
Yep. I really wanted to get all my blog posts for next week written and scheduled and I did! And take a nap. Naps are always good.

What can you help the world with?
I can continue to guide my children, even though they're grown, in a way of love, compassion, and giving back. I can do the same for my grandchildren. I can be a soft place for people to land when they encounter difficult times or simply need a listening ear. I can share the hope that is within me, Jesus Christ.

If life was ‘just a bowl of cherries’…which fruit other than a cherry would you be?
I would probably be a strawberry. I eat strawberries every morning for breakfast, along with blueberries or blackberries and half a banana. Then I pour a bit of heavy whipping cream and sugar-free hazelnut creamer over it. Delicious. It's my cereal of choice.

Berry breakfast
Quotes List: List at least three of your favorite quotes.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV).  That’s my life verse. Here are a few other favorites.

If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31 (NIV).

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 (NIV).

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 (NLT).

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NIV).


No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39 (NIV).

You may wonder why all my quotes are scriptures. It's because they're the ultimate, absolute truth, which is what any other quote only aspires to. They are God-breathed and His Word never fails. Never. I know of no other quote, no matter how cute, pithy, or poignant, can live up to that. Not to mention that scripture is life-changing when practiced regularly in everyday life.

Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to the week ahead? I'm grateful for the opportunity to speak life and hope into the lives of scared pregnant girls who come into the Choices Pregnancy Center where I volunteer. I'm beyond thankful and humbled I got to pray with two of the girls last week. I look forward to a ladies luncheon on Saturday with the women from my church.

Have a wonderful, safe weekend! Don't forget to worship the One who gives you life!

Linda


1 comment:

  1. You've got a couple of my live verses in there with your favorites.

    ReplyDelete