My Books

Monday, September 7, 2015

I Love Red Vines

I love Red Vines. I buy them by the 5.5 pound tub at Costco. I know that sounds bad, but it's not like I have to restock them every week or anything. It lasts for months.


Here's the sad thing. Red Vines contain gluten, and I've recently learned that I have fewer headaches when I stay away from gluten. So this tub lasts me even longer than ever now since I'm not supposed to have them.

But still, sometimes, those soft red ropes call my name. I take off that clear plastic lid and inhale the sugary fragrance of those Vines. There's nothing like it, unless it might be the aroma when you open a fresh can of coffee. But that's a whole different thing.

Red Vines are my movie candy of choice. I sometimes take a handful from my tub and put them in a plastic baggie to take along. They fit nicely in my purse, bending around whatever else is in there.They're so compliant. And they go splendidly with a large Diet Coke.

I've been known to call Red Vines a red vegetable. After all, vines are a plant and so many plants are vegetables. But I could be mistaken. They might be a fruit. Either way, they're probably good for me. Or at least my mood.

So if you ever need to buy me a cheap gift, may I suggest a box of Red Vines? They'll make me every bit as happy as red roses. Unless you're my husband, in which case the roses will do just fine. Thanks. ;)

Linda

4 comments: