My Books

Friday, September 11, 2015

Connecting the God Dots

I've started a new ministry adventure and feel God's fingerprints all over it. In order to tell you about it, I need to give you some background first. In looking back, I see several "God dots" that connect to what He's calling me to do. I've loved dot-to-dots since I was a kid. God dots are even better.

Dot 1: When I was in my 20s I got married and had a daughter. Then I had 2 miscarriages. When I became pregnant again, my doctor suggested I have an injection every week through my first trimester to help me sustain my pregnancy. I went faithfully every week and got the injection and successfully made it to my fourth month. Hallelujah!

Except, then my husband decided he didn't want to be married any more. What?! I'll avoid the drama here, but suffice it to say, I was shocked and devastated. I was in a much wanted pregnancy, but now found myself going it alone. A few months later I gave birth to a darling son.

Dot 2: Fast forward 15 years. My daughter was a senior in high school and told us she was pregnant. Not exactly what you hope to hear from your child. But there it was and we were determined to walk this road with her. Now, fourteen years later, we have a wonderful, handsome grandson to remind us of God's faithfulness.

Dot 3: A year ago, my husband and I received an invitation to attend a movie screening. The movie was one we'd hoped to see anyway, and we could see it for free this way, so we agreed to go. We're cheap that way! :) The catch was that there would be information shared by the Crisis Pregnancy Center and their upcoming Walk for Life event. I'd always respected the work they do and had even walked in a few of their events.

That day, I was so taken by their energy and God's spirit that my husband, Rollin, and I signed up to be ambassadors for our church to sign people up to walk in this event. I told Rollin that I always thought I'd like to volunteer for them some day.

Dot 4: About a month ago, I was at my church getting some things ready for a class I teach and a woman I didn't know showed up. My introverted self was glad she talked to someone else who was also working at the church rather than me. As I finished my work and started for my car, she did the same. We met in the parking lot and she greeted me warmly and introduced herself as Leslie Collins,the director of the Tempe, AZ Choices Pregnancy Center. What a divine coincidence. She gave me her business card and asked if I'd like to be added to their email list to receive CPC updates and prayer requests. Yes! I went home and friended her on Facebook.


Dot 5: A couple weeks ago I saw on Facebook that CPC was desperate for volunteers in Tempe center which was close to me. I felt a whisper in my ear, an urging in my heart, that I immediately knew was God's prompting. Still, I thought about it and prayed about it for about a week.

Dot 6: Another Facebook post said that a CPC volunteer training seminar would begin in September on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Darn. I was going to be out of town that first Tuesday. I contacted Leslie. She said the classes didn't start until the Tuesday after I got back. I looked at my busy calendar. My schedule on every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon was open. Perfect. So I took the plunge and signed up for the training.

I don't know exactly what God has in mind for me, but I feel good that I'm following where He's leading. I'm nervous, but also confident and excited, knowing that He who called me is faithful and he will do it (1 Thess. 5:24). Will you pray for me as I go through this training and open door of opportunity? And please join me in praying for CPC and it's ministry to women. They still need other volunteers. Is God calling you?

Linda




2 comments:

  1. Linda, you will be so good at this and I know God will not only bless you, but all those you are working with. You'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I just saw this comment today. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. And thanks for commenting, too! :)

      Delete