My Books

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Timeless Tuesday - Doing Nothing


I get back home from a Hawaiian vacation tomorrow. It's been a wonderful time away from daily responsibilities and routine.

But coming home is just as sweet to me as going away.

I love the comfort of home and routine. I love the quiet, the people in my life, the ordinariness. And the older I get, the more I love it.

One of my favorite times of the day is evening, when my husband and I sit on our respective ends of the couch and enjoy each other's company. The TV is usually on, our laptop computers are usually open, but we're together in deep companionship. We talk in bits, here and there, as thoughts arise in our minds or we want to share something funny we've read. We lament over how the Wheel contestants can't figure out a puzzle. We cheer on our favorite teams. We talk about our day a blip at a time. We laugh at the dogs. One of us gets hungry and gets us both a snack.

There's nothing special about it. Yet, there's everything special about it. Doing nothing together is my favorite thing. And we get to do it almost every evening.

That's what I call a timeless, blessed life.

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment