My Books

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thoughtful Thursday - True Beauty


There have been times when I see someone in a store and think they're beautiful. Then I hear the horrible way they speak to their spouse or children and my opinion instantly changes.

Words matter.

The words we speak, the words we write, even the words we think. They impact us and everyone who hears them, even if those words aren't aimed at them. We don't often stop to realize how much we affect the people around us. But we do, intentionally or not.

Just today a Facebook friend who I have never met messaged me. She said, "I love your energy and the value you add to my Facebook feed." Really? They're just words. Sometimes pictures. They aren't aimed directly at her. But they mattered.

We sometimes think our words don't carry that much weight. But when we see them written on skin, like in the picture above, we might begin to see the message we send to the world. Or those closest to us.

Is your message one of love, peace, joy, encouragement? Or is it a negative message? We have choices about the vibe we share with the world around us. Every time we open our mouths, it's an opportunity to uplift and make the world a better place.

Take inventory of your speech today. Make any changes necessary to ensure your words positively impact the world and those around you. It's a responsibility and privilege we can share with each other. Be beautiful with your words.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment