It's Me Monday, so I thought I'd share with you my favorite blogs, ones I read regularly and hate to miss.
Drumroll please...My six favorite blogs in no particular order!
Mrs. Gore's Diary - This blog has no particular posting schedule because it's author, Mrs. Gore, is a busy mother of four young children and a pastor's wife. But when she posts, it always speaks to my heart because she loves being a mother and is a pro at seeing God moments in everyday life. Besides that, she and her kids are hilarious! What's not to love about that? If her blog posts are too few and far between for you, may I suggest liking her Facebook page? She posts something almost every day about her sweet family and I simply can't get enough of them.
2. ARHtistic License - Written by Andrea Huelsenbeck, whose initials are the first 3 letters of the blog name, this blog focuses on all forms of artistic expression. You'll see posts on writing, photography, painting, woodworking, dance, sculpting, and lots more. It inspires me to see the world through artistic eyes and helps me notice beauty all around me. Andrea is a personal friend of mine and a member of my weekly critique group, Tuesday's Children.
3. Doing Life Together - This is a joint blog written by my critique group mentioned above. With several different authors in different stages of life, we all support and encourage each other through whatever life throws our way. Our group has been meeting for over 20 years, so we've been through a lot together. I love the different writing styles, voices, and topics this blog offers.
4. Nesting Place - This blog is all about simple decorating and is authored by The Nester, Myquillyn Smith. I love it because it stresses being content with what you have and using things you already own to create the look and feel you want in your home. You don't have to spend a lot to have a beautiful home. The subtitle of the Nesting Place is "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." Now that's something that I can relate to.
5. Chatting at the Sky - by Emily P. Freeman is a breath of fresh air. It takes me deeper spiritually and doesn't guilt me into anything. As Emily says, she's "all about creating space for your soul to breathe." Genuine and down-to-earth, she writes about life, struggles, books, growing your faith, living more simply, and living your life as art. Her books "Simply Tuesday" and "A Million Little Ways" have made her one of my favorite authors. Oh, and she's the The Nester's sister (see #4), which is fun.
6. Christian Children's Authors - Because I write children's books and love children's literature, this site makes my list of favorites. I contribute to it every second and fourth Thursday. Here you'll find book reviews, articles on reaching children for Christ, children's ministry, and miscellaneous other topics. Written by published children's authors, this blog has a good variety of posts and is a fun read.
I could list others, but these are the blogs I read most often. Do you have blogs you enjoy reading? Post a link in the comments so we can check them out.