My Books

Monday, February 15, 2016

Share Your World - 2016 Week 1

In response to Cee's Photography Share Your World Challenge, which I should have begun in January, but am starting five weeks into the new year. Oh, well.

Me and Marsha, 1962
As a child, who was your favorite relative?

My favorite relative was, and still is, my older sister, Marsha. She was my best friend, playmate, confidante, and fellow dreamer. Nothing has changed except that we live in different houses now almost a half hour apart.

Me and Marsha, 2007


If you could be a tree or plant, what would you be?

I would be a rose bush. They come in so many different colors and the petals are so velvety soft. Their fragrance is sweet and lush and their thorns keep most people at arms length, except those who really love them. Roses, by their colors, represent different relationships, which is what I love most in life. yellow=friendship; red=love; white=marriage. I have a rose garden in my back yard.

What would be your preference, awake before dawn or awake before noon?

I'd much rather be awake before dawn when the house is quiet and no one else is up. I'm not a late night person, so the day seems too short if I get up late. Actually, I like to think of myself as a middle of the day person, since I'm not terribly friendly first thing in the morning or late at night. Leave me alone until after I've had my coffee, please.

Would you like to sleep in a human size nest in a tree or be snuggled in a burrowed spot underground?

I'd definitely rather sleep in a human size nest in a tree because I'm terribly claustrophobic. That's something new I learned about myself in the last year or two. Thank you, MRI. And doesn't sleeping in a nest just sound dreamy and cozy? Hold the worms for breakfast.

Bonus question (which is always the same): What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? Because we all need to be reminded that there are many things in our lives to be grateful about.

I'm grateful for a life I love to come back to after a vacation. It's nice to get away, but it's equally nice to get back to my routine and regular life. I'm looking forward to my volunteer work at Choices Pregnancy Center where I am a peer counselor. I talk one-on-one with women who come in for a free pregnancy test or to get information about their options if they are pregnant. It's an opportunity to share the love of Jesus with them by just listening without judging, educating them about pregnancy, abortion, adoption, and parenting, and supporting them through a potentially difficult time in their lives regardless of what choice they make.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment