My Books

Monday, November 2, 2015

I Love Scarves

Happy Me Monday! In my home state of Arizona it's just now starting to cool off and feel slightly like fall. To desert rats like me, that means the temps are cool enough (below 80) to open the windows at night even if the days are still in the 80s or above. This week has been unusually pleasant with temps dropping into the low 60s at night, which is fabulous. The highs were only in the 70s for a couple days there. But enough of the weather report. What I'm really excited about is that it's almost cool enough to wear scarves!

I love scarves. I actually use them year round, but more as shawls during the summer months for use in cold, air conditioned buildings, rather than as actual neck warmers. I just stuff one in my purse and off I go into triple-digit outdoor temps, but still prepared for any freezing grocery stores or restaurants that I might walk into. 

The hubs and me out to dinner. I'm wearing one of
my favorite scarves. 
But what I really love is when the outside air cools off enough that I can accessorize with scarves. Really, they're just a larger form of jewelry. Who needs a necklace when your neck is covered by a beautiful scarf? But unlike jewelry, they have the added benefit of keeping my neck warm. Did I mention I'm a winter wimp? I get cold easily. But with a scarf around my neck, not only do I look fashionable, I'm also keeping warm. 

There are so many ways to wear scarves, too. It's not like it's the old same thing over and over. Here's a great video to get you started on some fresh ways to wear your scarf

The other thing I love about scarves is that they hide a neckline that is a tad too low. Just add a scarf and hide whatever you want to. And it's way cheaper than getting a new top. You're welcome.

So there's a new tidbit you may not have known about me. I'm a scarf lover and proud of it.

Do you wear scarves? Why or why not? What do you like about scarves?

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment