My Books

Monday, November 9, 2015

I Love Roses

It's Me Monday (again?) and I must tell you that I love roses. How much do I love roses? Well, my youngest daughter's middle name is Rose if that gives you a clue. Now, most girls love to get roses from their sweethearts. I do, too. But what I love even more is my own rose garden. Growing my own roses is something I've come to love as much as receiving a whole bouquet of them. As a matter of fact, when we buy a house, one of the first things I like to do is plant roses because it really doesn't feel like home without them. And if the house already has a rose garden? Well, that's just a sign that it's probably the right house for us. :)

Back yard rose garden

Roses from my garden
We've lived in our current house for fifteen years now. But when we first moved in there was no landscaping whatsoever because it was a brand new house. Over time we added trees, grass, and all those things that make a house look nice. But the rose garden was still missing. So for Mother's Day, my husband got me a rose garden. (I know. He's the best, right?) I picked out a rose bush for each child and grandchild, seven bushes in all. I cared for them with all the love I had for the people they represented.

Over the years, I've had to replace a few bushes that didn't do well, but I love that garden. I delight in going out on a beautiful Arizona morning and cutting flowers from my bushes to bring inside. The picture on the left is one of the many bouquets I've made from my rose bushes.

I also love cutting my roses and taking them to cheer people up. They love the flowers, but even more than that, they love that they came from my own garden.

Front yard climbing rose
Do you have a certain flower you love? Do you grow them? Tell me about it in the comments. And have a great Monday!

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment