My Books

Friday, October 23, 2015

Fall Decorations

Last week I pulled out the fall decorations even though our weather was still in the 90s here in Arizona. One day was even 100. Not exactly fall-like. But the forecast showed the temps dropping into the 80s by the end of the week and maybe even a chance of rain. The weatherman promised that we'd seen our last triple-digit temps.

So I pulled out the fall leaf garlands and wound them around my stairway banister.


I lovingly placed a large basket with orange, gold, and red leaves and flowers, mini pumpkins, and pine cones on my coffee table.


Both were acts of faith, trusting that the temps were indeed going down and fall was just around the corner. Faith in the weatherman? No. Faith in the God of the universe, who orders the seasons and majestically turns the leaves to brilliant fiery hues. That's faith well placed.

Happy Autumn!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment