My Books

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Gratitude Pillow

This quote from Maya Angelou rings true in my heart. When I turn my focus to gratitude, the whole world looks so much better. When I end my day thinking about all my blessings and the things that went right, rather than wrong that day, I sleep more peacefully. Gratitude is a soft place to live, to sleep, even to cry. Because even in the midst of sadness, there are always things to be thankful for. Blessing and hardship often come hand in hand. Hardship yells. Blessing whispers. But both are present. And an outpouring of thanksgiving and gratitude transforms the quiet blessing into a raucous praise song. I'm thankful for God's constant faithfulness. What about you? List one of your life blessings in the comments.

 Linda



4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Linda. I love what you write and how it gives glimpses of your heart. I'm most grateful today for my family. For me, that's where the best part of life is lived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Torrey. I appreciate that you read it and even left a comment! You're right. Family is where it's at.

      Delete
  2. Every night I have some event of the day that I can see God's hand in. Whether it was noticing a boiling-over pot before critical melt-down, or getting a phone call from a long-lost friend, I know I rest in the palm of God's hand, and I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, you've expressed this so beautifully. Yes, we rest in the palm of God's hand. So much for which to be grateful. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete