My Books

Monday, September 28, 2015

I Am Late With This Post

Happy Me Monday, where I share a little bit about myself. What you need to know about me this week is that I'm late with posting this because I didn't have time to write anything prior to right now. Mind you, it's three o'clock in the afternoon here in sunny Arizona and I usually schedule my posts to come out at five in the morning. But I just didn't have time.

Well, that's not entirely true. I just didn't have the functioning brain cells needed to write when I actually had the time. I only had enough to troll Facebook and watch mindless TV. So that's what I did.

Over the weekend my husband turned 61 and my former youth leaders turned 80. We celebrated both as much as we could. We also saw a couple movies, laid some new flooring in my daughter's room, went to church, taught a Sunday school class, and sang on the worship team. Then we went to a meeting after church about how our church can reach out to our community better and be more visitor friendly. We had lunch with church friends after the meeting and went home to take a nap. Got up in time to watch the lunar supermoon eclipse with friends, then played cards afterwards.

It was a busy weekend and I loved every minute of it. But there was no writing time. And the previous week was about as hectic.

So there's my story and I'm sticking to it. No apology though, because I never want this writing gig to get in the way of actually living. I spent time with those I love and celebrated their lives. I took care of myself by getting some much needed rest. Isn't that what the Sabbath is all about?

So that's a little bit about me today. I'm late. Who cares? I'm choosing not to go crazy over it.

I hope you'll grant yourself a little grace, too, when things get hectic and you don't accomplish all you set out to do. It's OK. Breathe. Let it go. The world is still turning and God is in control. Isn't that a relief?

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment